- 120 g trimmed flank steak of good quality
- 25 g browned butter-cream
- 15 g pickled beetroot
- 10 g pickled white onion
- 10 g vinegar gel
- 10 g fried shallots
- 1 press-baked crispy chicken skin
- 1 tablespoon shredded horseradish
- 3 tablespoons shredded aged cheese
- 1 tablespoon of cut garden cress
- 1g charred onion powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 part ättika
- 2 parts sugar
- 3 parts water
Boil the ingredients together to make your 1-2-3-lag.
- Coursely grind trimmed flank steak right before serving. Salt and pepper after flavor when the meat is on the plate.
- Brown 15 g of butter, strain in a coffee filter, whisk down everything in the coffee filter in 20 g mayonnaise add 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, salt och black pepper after taste.
- Boil beetroots until soft. Cool down. Peel, cut down in 2,5 cm pieces, pour over 1-2-3-lag until it cover all the pieces. Låt sit in at least two hours, strain away liquid.
- Peel the white onion, cut in thin boats, cover with 1-2-3-lag for at least two hours, strain away liquid.
- Warm 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar to 90+ degrees, add 1 g of agar agar, cool down until solidifed, mix in blender/mixer add 1 tablespoon liquid (vinegar) to increase flavor and get a smooth vinegar cream.
- Peel one shallot, mandolin the onion as thin as possible, turn in rice flour, fry golden in 165 degrees.
- Put the chicken skin between two baking sheets under pressure, bake in oven at 170 degrees in about 30 minutes or until the chicken skin has become golden brown and crispy.
- Finely shred horseradish, cheese and cut the garden cress.
- Charred onion powder: put the oven on 250 degrees celsius, take the rest of the white onion, or a whole peeled onion (yellow, white onion, leek) cut down in coarse pieces. Bake in the oven until onion is completely black and dry. Let cool off, mix in a spice blender into powder.
- Place the grinded meat on the larger part of the plate
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Drizzle over the vinegar gel
- Spread the beetroot and white onion over all of the meat
- Use a piping bag to create pipe tops of browned butter-cream
- Break the chicken skin to 4-5 pieces and place on top
- Spread the shredded horseradish
- Top with the fried onion, cheese and garden cress
- Powder with the charred onion-powder